Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday June 26, 2012


Hello!

I went to my surgeon yesterday for my 3 month checkup and all is well. My CA-125 from May 22 was 10.3 so everything is just right on the health front.

I attended my Ph.D. graduation on June 16 with my daughter Lindsay, son Wes, granddaughter Taylor, and husband, Shannon. I presented my paper to ITP on Friday June 15. Difficult to pare down 2 years of work and over 100 pages into a 15 min presentation, but I feel it went well. It was a whirlwind weekend that started and ended with the 7 hour drive up and back. I was so grateful for my family being there.

My last post mentioned that I had won one ribbon at the fair, but I didn’t know at that time about any others. Turns out I won two second place and two third place ribbons. So four out of the six quilts I entered, placed. I was really amazed and happy about that!

Mojave Moon is still rehearsing and getting better all the time. We have a great group and have become good friends as well as band mates. I try to practice at least three to four times a week. After this week, I’ll be able to bump that up to daily practice.

I haven’t done much sewing lately, but that will also change after this week. I want to sew, play music, read, meditate and go to the gym as my daily schedule starting next week. This is the first summer break in 6 years that I do not have any papers due or books to read. I am looking forward to concentrating on my creative, spiritual, and physical aspects for a change. Time to get out of the mental/intellectual part.

Hugs to you all!

Dr. Dar. J

No comments:

Post a Comment