Friday, June 1, 2012

Hi All!

I see it has been a few months since I last posted so I thought I’d give an update. -

On the heath front, all is well! I had my last CA-125 a week ago and it is holding steady at 10.3. I feel great, have lots of energy, and life is GOOD.

I received the following today…

Dear Darlene Packard-Mossman, Congratulations. Your submission, 10180 has cleared all of the necessary checks and will soon be delivered to ProQuest/UMI for publishing. In addition, all requirements of the ITP Dissertation Office have been fulfilled and the registrar has been notified of your completion. Regards, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology Administrator -

So I am COMPLETELY and TOTALLY FINISHED with the dissertation and I am officially Dr. Dar. I go in two weeks for graduation to put the icing on the cake. If anyone is interested in reading it, I’d be happy to email it to you. I’m sure it will be riveting and the best 118 pages you will ever enjoy! :)

I entered six quilts into the San Bernardino County Fair this year. Cristy went last weekend and found that I had received a 2nd place on one, but she could not find the other five. I’ll be going to the fair on Sunday so I’ll let you know if there are any other surprises. It has always been a feeling of such satisfaction to even enter my quilts into the fair. And to win a ribbon is such a shock every year. But it is nice to know that my quilting skills are evolving to the point that ribbons are awarded. I know I am up against some tough competition every year.

Our band, Mojave Moon, is still practicing weekly. We have a good group and it is really coming together. I am having a blast playing bass guitar again. Now that the Ph.D. is finished, I want to spend some time relearning how to read music. It has been a while but I know with some time it will come back to me. We have our first official gig at a club called Poison Ivy in Glen Ivy on July 7. Then we will be at Froggies in Apple Valley on Friday July 27th. We have a website started mojavemoonband.com so check it out for more details of upcoming events.

I am still totally in love with my job. Every day is a joy and I am grateful for each moment.

So all in all, my life is AWESOME! I just celbrated my 55th birthday yesterday. I’m looking forward to seeing what delights this next year will bring. I’ll keep you all posted.

Hugs! Dr. Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment