Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday 04/08/11

These past several days have been a challenge. As good as I felt over the weekend, Monday through Thurs were pretty tough. I had absolutely no energy and just felt weak. I pretty much sat in my chair and read. Not even enough energy to go into my sewing studio. I seem to feel a bit better today…at least this morning. Apparently it is a cumulative effect of the chemo. The more treatments I have, the longer the recoup time.
Lindsay and I went to the oncologist’s office yesterday. My blood work came back with decent numbers. They drew the CA125 and I should have that number today or Monday. That will tell how the chemo is working toward its goal of reducing the bad cells.
We discussed trying the Taxol again. The oncologist is going to put through the referral for me to have it done as an outpatient at the hospital. He does not want to risk a repeat of the first time in his office. If I tolerate the drug in the hospital, then they will do it again in the office three weeks later. My next chemo appt is on April 22.
I had a genetic test (Broca’s) to see if I had the CA gene that was hereditary and might cause other reproductive CAs and it came back negative. It proves the point that the CA I have is environmental. My lifestyle and stress level were the primary factors that led me down this road.
I’m planning to go over to Cristy’s house today so she can help me with the corners on my fair quilt. Glad I’m feeling better.
Hugs to you all!
Dar
  

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and good energy, Dar. I'm thinking of you every single day. Love, ~Jen

    ReplyDelete