Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday 04/12/11

I received good news yesterday. My CA125 (the way they measure how the ovarian CA is responding to treatment) is down to 53! When I was first diagnosed in December it was 204, after the surgery it was 143, before my first chemo it was 102. It is definitely on the way down. The magic number is 35. Anything under that is the goal, with as close to 0 as possible. I am hoping I will only need to have the 6 recommended treatments. I am scheduled for the 4th treatment on April 22.  When I first went to the oncologist, he said it would probably be 9 to 12 treatments. Sure would be nice if he was wrong!

I’m feeling better this week. I have more energy and I’m able to do more. I still have to take frequent breaks, especially if I’m on my feet for a while. But definitely better than last week. J

Hugs to all of you!
Dar

1 comment: