Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday 04/03/11

I had chemo on Friday with no ill effects thus far. Shannon and I went to breakfast yesterday, ran a bunch of errands, saw the movie “Hop” (Really cute…I ate a jumbo popcorn plus some of Shannon’s jumbo popcorn) and went to the market. I felt good all day. I took the anti-nausea meds so I’m sure that helped. I’m feeling good again this morning. Shannon and I are planning our favorite date this afternoon. Early dinner at Steer ‘N Stein and then browsing through Barnes and Noble.
I made an appointment to see the oncologist for this Thursday. The surgeon at UCI as well as a number of other doctors Lindsay has talked to all say that the experience I had with the first chemo treatment was not an anaphylactic reaction. My symptoms were classic vasovagal reaction that would not be in response to the chemo meds. The surgeon at UCI was pretty insistent that I try the first med again. He said it was the primary chemo med recommended for ovarian ca. Lindsay and I are going to talk to the oncologist about trying the first chemo drug again. So we shall see. Also the bladder problems I have been having are a common reaction to the drug I’m currently on.
I picked up the wig last weekend but so far, even though my hair is thinning, it is still full enough to go natural. But I’d rather have the wig and not need it, than need it and not have it.
I quilted my fair entry and machine sewed the binding on. I have to have Cristy help me with the corners. Seems I have trouble with those pesky corners every time. After I get the corners done I can hand sew the binding and my one San Bernardino Fair quilt entry will be ready to turn in on April 15.
I guess that is all for now. I’ll post again after the oncologist appointment on Thursday.
Hugs to you all!
Dar

   

No comments:

Post a Comment