Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday 05/02/11

Last week was a tough one. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were spent in a lot of pain after the chemo the previous Friday. All the muscles and joints in my legs and feet felt like they were going to explode. Shannon had to come home early from work on Wed to go to the oncologist’s office to pick up a super duper turbo pain Rx. Thursday was much better. Shannon took the day off from work just in case I was still barely able to hobble around but the pain was severely reduced. I was even able to ride with him up to the quilt shop in Apple Valley to meet Cristy to buy fabric for the quilting class scheduled on Saturday. Friday I met Lindsay at the oncologist’s office to get my blood work done. All my numbers look good. My white blood count is in the normal range and although my hemoglobin is below normal, it is still ok. We went to lunch and then I came home and worked in my sewing studio for a while.

The class on Saturday was fun. I met Cristy at her house at 8:15am and she drove up to Wrightwood. Class started at 9am and ended at 3pm. By the time I got home I was pretty exhausted. I slept for a couple of hours and when I woke up my skin all over my body hurt. This happened last time after chemo. It is like my skin is bruised all over but without the marks. But nothing like the pain at the beginning of the week. Yesterday Shannon and I went to breakfast and then to the grocery store. I really wanted to get into my studio in the afternoon but I just didn’t feel up to it.

I realized I hadn’t received a bill from the propane company for a while so we called on Thursday. We were down to 5%. Somehow we had been left off the route. So a delivery was going to be made on Friday. But the propane guy got in a wreck and couldn’t make it. We are supposed to get a delivery today but until that happens I can’t do laundry, dishes, or cook. Things are really piling up. Once the tank is full I can get house chores going again. I want to make sure we have enough propane for hot showers. Those are a priority!

I am hoping that today will be the start of a better and more productive week. I’m going to get in first thing this morning to my studio and work at least a couple of hours. Wes is supposed to come over today at some point.

Lindsay ran another half marathon yesterday in Orange County. She was pretty sore after and she has to work today. She is amazing.

That’s about all for now.

Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment