Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday 05/10/11

I would be nice to get through one day pain free but it does not appear that is going to happen. At least I have lots of pain meds to dull the abdominal pain that is constant.

Had a really nice Mother’s Day. Wes, Sean, Shannon and I met Lindsay and Taylor at Steer ‘N Stein for an early dinner. Lindsay gave me several sets of summer jammies and some summer flip flop slippers. Sean brought be a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Cristy and I went to the preview of the move “Race to Nowhere” yesterday evening. It was about how a variety of issues are contributing to extreme stress of our students. It identified a lot of problems but did not offer any solutions. I guess that is up to us.

Tonight is quilt guild night. We usually meet the speaker at the Mexican restaurant in WW and then go to the meeting from there. Betty will be picking me up and bringing me home.

I did get confirmation from one parent to interview her son and the green light from the principal to hold the interview there. I will call the parent later today and see if I can do the interview tomorrow or Thursday. That will be two done!

I have really scaled back on my activities to honor the process my body is going through. But I am not willing to give up everything! The few things that I really want to do I push through and do them. I won’t allow this dis-ease or the treatment to take away all of the things I enjoy. I am willing to meet half way. I have chemo on Friday but I have lots of meds to help with the side effects this time. Lindsay will be coming over on Monday to hang out with me. My hair is now coming out in clumps. I’m guessing that by the end of May it will be all gone. But I have had lots of time to come to terms with that part. I have hats and a wig. I just have to get some scarfs to tie them down to my head due to the unrelenting wind we seem to have here in the high desert.

I am so fortunate to have family and friends who support and encourage me through this experience. Thank you all!
Hugs,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment