Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday 07/22/11

Considering that this is the week after chemo, I am doing really well. The only symptoms I’ve had are the shooting pains in my hips and legs, but even those have been minimal and have only happened in the evenings. During the days I have been able to be up and around doing the things I like to do.

I finished a baby quilt top for my brother’s great grandson this week. Today I’ll go and get the binding, backing, and batting for it. Shannon has been in New Orleans for a conference this week. Wes was here Monday night and last night. He made BBQ chicken both nights. He is a GREAT griller! Tuesday I went to Lindsay’s house and spent the night. Wednesday was Taylor’s 15th birthday. I came home Wednesday night.

Today Betty is picking me up so we can go have lunch, get the fabric for the baby quilt, and to my appointment at the oncologist’s office for my blood work. They will pull the CA-125 today so I should have the results on Monday. Sure would like to see single digits! I made my appointment with the oncologist for Aug 18 to see if I can get the PET scan. I’m hoping he will agree that I can stop treatment after the one on Aug 8. That will be a total of 8 treatments, not including the partial first one, and I will have had 6 treatments of the Taxol. The oncologist said I would need 9-12 treatments when I first started, but my surgeon at UCI said 6 treatments of Taxol would be sufficient. I just want to be done with this.

I feel like I have learned the lessons this experience was sent to teach me so it is time to be done with it so I can move on with my life. I just have to continue to practice those lessons. I doubt I will ever take feeling good for granted again and I know I will be much kinder to myself after this. Recognizing when I am stressing over insignificant (and most of it is insignificant in the whole scheme of things) events and releasing the need to fix other’s problems will go a long way in my recovery. Giving myself time to honor the six transpersonal psychology pillars that include, intellectual, emotional, physical, spiritual, creative, and relational in a balanced way will also contribute to my overall health and wellbeing. I have the time now to prepare so that when I go back to work on Aug 17, I will have a grounded and balanced routine in place. Although 2011 came in like a lion, I am intending that it go out like a lamb and that 2012 will be the best year to date. It’s all up to me.

Hugs to all!
Dar

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're doing well, Dar. You're an inspiration. Hugs & Love, ~Jen

    ReplyDelete