Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday 07/16/11

I had an uneventful chemo treatment yesterday. Woke up this morning at 2am and was up till 5:30am. No pain or symptoms, just wide awake. My hemoglobin was up to 10.6 so even if it drops a point over this next week, I’ll still be ok. Hopefully I’ll be symptom free. :)

Cristy and I spent most of Monday, all day Tuesday (she finished her quilt top on Tuesday), and I continued working on it at her house all day Wed and a couple of hours on Thurs morning. This was a quilt top we started at a class at Road to California in Jan 2007. Judy Niemeyers Wedding Star. I still have some work to do on mine to completely finish the top, but I have the lion’s share done. I hope to have it completed by tomorrow night. Thanks of course to Cristy. She is a quilting teacher and mentor extraordinaire. I would have NEVER been able to get this done without her patience, experience, and amazing techniques. Thank you so much, once again, Cristy!!!

Today we are waiting for Sears to deliver the new dryer (ours bit the dust last week). Then we will be off to do a run to the dump to unload Shannon’s truck of junk we picked up around the yard. Now it doesn’t look so much like Sanford and Sons around here. Over the next month we will need to do one more run over there to finish, but now most of it will be off the property.

Well Sears is here. We ordered a white dryer with the white pedestals. They have arrived with a white dryer and purple pedestals. REALLY?!?!?!? So we will have to schedule ANOTHER delivery date. OYE! Oh well, in the whole scheme of things, it is not such a big deal. Can’t use the dryer anyways until we get someone over to put the conversion kit from natural gas to propane on the dryer. Soonest Sears can do that is 7/25. Oh well, good thing we have nice weather so we can air dry clothes.

And I’m feeling good with no symptoms so today is a good day! :)

Hugs to all,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment