Saturday, July 2, 2011

Satruday 07/02/11

This has been a tough week. Very little pain, but I have not had any energy. I was able to work on a quilting project with lots of breaks in between. I found out on Friday when I had my blood tests that my hemoglobin was down to 8.6. (The low end of normal is 12.0) No wonder I have been so wiped out! I got another shot of Procrit so hopefully that will help me produce more red blood cells.

I will have the results for the CA-125 on Tuesday due to the holiday. I’ll keep you posted. I’m so hoping that I only have two more treatments. If my results continues to be in the low numbers, that should be the case.

I’ve been doing a lot of sleeping both day and night. I feel a little better today and I’m hoping by tomorrow I’ll have enough energy to finish up a quilt top that is almost done. Next week I want to practice with my quilting machine (HandiQuilter 16). I have several quilt tops that are ready to be quilted so I hope I can get them done next week.

Wes started his new job and he really loves it. It looks like it is a good match for him and the VA.

I had planned to go up to Wrightwood today for Mountaineer days. The quilt guild I am a member of, Pine Needles Quilt Guild, was having a their annual mini quilt auction. It is one of our big fund raisers of the year. But I was not feeling up to it today. A year ago I would have pushed myself to go. But now I am able to realize that pushing is just not all it's cracked up to be. I'm feeling good about my decision to stay home and rest.

Not much else to report. Just taking it easy and doing a lot of nothing.
Hugs,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment