Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday 07/29/11

I have been feeling so good! Being able to get into my sewing studio every day and knock out those UFOs (Unfinished Objects for you non quilters ) has been so fun. Cristy came over on Wednesday and gave me a lesson on mitered corners so I was able to finish a quilt top called Attic Windows that I started in a class in 2009. Once again I am so grateful for her mentoring. The top really turned out awesome and I can see myself making more of them. Since I have been so productive in getting UFOs completed, I went to my stash of kits and started a new one. It’s going to be amazing.

Cristy and I went to the Long Beach International Quilt Show Preview Night last night. We visited the venders and then admired the amazing quilts on display from all over the world. Some of them are so amazing it is hard to believe they were made by human hands.

Lindsay and I have plans to spend the day today together. Looking forward to that!

The biggest news is that my last CA-125 was at …….. drum roll please……12! Whoo Hoo! Down from 15.

If you can imagine….there is a national shortage of the two most common chemo drugs for ovarian cancer (one of them Taxol that I have been on). How is that possible?!?!? Certainly demand has not gone down! Between my oncologist’s office and St. Mary’s, they are trying to get one more dose for me so I can get my final (I hope) treatment on Aug. 8. Otherwise I have to have a different drug. My surgeon at UC Irvine was adamant that I have six treatments of Taxol.

Is this shortage a ploy to increase revenue for the drug manufacturers? With the amount of people taking these drugs you’d think they would be swimming in money. I hate to think they are playing with people’s lives in order to increase the costs. But it seems odd to me that with three manufacturers making the drug, there would be a national shortage. I will just have to trust that I will somehow get that last treatment with the Taxol.

Well I’m off to mother/daughter day with the most amazing daughter on the planet!

Hugs to all,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment