Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday 06/28/11

I had chemo this past Friday. It was uneventful. I spent the whole time going over the professional editing corrections on a paper that may be published. There were three of us who contributed to the paper that compared the moral development of children in the West to that of the children of the Inuit community. Sure would be great to get it published. 

Saturday Shannon and I went on the last of the quilt run. We started in Chula Vista and then made our way up through San Diego visiting twelve shops. I got my I DID IT bar that will go on my quilt run pin. It is the second time since I started doing the quilt run (in 2006) that I went to all of the shops. Betty and I did the Orange County part, Cristy and I did the San Bernardino/Riverside part, and Shannon and I did the LA and San Diego parts.

On Sunday we ran errands and by the time we came home I was pretty tired. I slept pretty much all day yesterday. Almost no pain this time, just feel really tired. My hemoglobin was down to 9.2 on Friday so I got a shot of Procrit to help me make more red blood cells. I go this Friday to have my blood drawn and if my hemoglobin is still down, I’ll probably have to have a blood transfusion. Hopefully over the next couple of days those cells will rebound and I can avoid the transfusion.

Lindsay and Wes took our old living room furniture to the dump this morning. One more dump run and I think we will have all the junk gone from the yard. Little by little we are getting things done around the house. Lindsay is going to stay and hang out with me today and Wes is going down to the VA to get his badge so he can start working. He should get a start date today. He is so excited to be going back to work.

I’m hoping to have my energy back over the next couple of days so I can get back into my sewing studio. I have lots to organize after the quilt run and I want to start completing some projects that are in various stages. Right now, though, I will be staying close to my chair and resting. I’ll write on Friday after I get my blood results.
Hugs,
Dar

No comments:

Post a Comment