Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday 01/22/11

What a great room Dar has in the ICU!  It’s huge and private with a picture window, a couch and probably the most comfortable chair I’ve ever sat in. We heard today that it’s a brand new building which explains the working automatic doors, great cafeteria and the rules that you can’t have food or drink anyplace but in the great cafeteria.  
  She was able to talk on the phone a bit today and had a few bites of what they serve for clear liquid diets.  She didn’t like it and I suspected she was just being finicky, so I tried it and I’m on her side. Pretty bad beef broth, she ate the popsicle before I could taste it, so I guess it was ok.  There was jello and some sort of frozen ice cream stuff.  What it lacked in sustenance it made up for in pretty colors.
 I didn’t see a doctor all day, apparently they take weekends off.  I did hear the nurse talking to the doctor on the telephone and passing on Dar’s wishes and getting permission to remove hoses, tubes and such.  Lindsay is pretty adamant that she get on her feet and start moving around.  Dar is pretty adamant that she lay still for a bit longer because it hurts.  Tomorrow we will see who wins.  I won’t take any bets. 
The comments here, along with the Facebook posts and the email are really wonderful.  She can see some of them on her cell phone, or could if I hadn’t lost her glasses….  As soon as she gets to her regular room she will be able to use her laptop again.  She does have her cellphone and if she is awake and has sufficient energy she will answer.  If I find her glasses, she can even initiate telephone calls, so if she doesn’t answer, leave a message… J

Regards, 

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment