Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday 1/26/11

Hi folIowers!
I seem to be back among the typing again. I'm really tired. But I'm moving around independently more of the time. The big news today is that I was able to pee all by myself. No bag! I know... it’s the small things. In addition to that, I can now do what ladylike types try never to do, or at least certainly don't talk about it .Since it is part of the healing process and will get this annoying tube out of my stomach and nose I'm happy to announce that I, several times today, passed gas. With those credentials I hope to get that tube out tonight.
I had a few bites of some unidentified jello, a couple of sips of apple juice, and a few spoonfuls of chicken broth. Little by little. Soon I’ll be eating semi-solid food!
It seems to come down to really being mindful of the many things I have concentrated on over my life, as well as the many I have ignored. More quilt kits, notions, and fabric, more degrees, more challenges, constantly moving and getting involved with events, people, and organizations. And now I am brought to a point where elimination, eating, breathing, and enjoying the company of loving family and friends has become paramount.
Love you all,
Thanks for sharing this journey with me.
Hugs,
Dar

6 comments:

  1. Passing gas and pee'ing, you're my kinda girl! Great to hear of the great progress you're making but I never doubted it for a minute anyway. Keep up the good work but stay away from that jello! LuvLuv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy to see you typing to us! yay! Oh yeah, passing gas is a big deal in the hospital. Its a step closer to going home. Who would have known. Wait until you see the party they will throw when you take a poop!
    big hug to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene,

    I'm really happy to hear that you're slowly improving. It is very good to recognize the little things even if that means gas and pee... :)
    Sending you healing thoughts. with metta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, I don't know why my comment appeared as MBSR (well I guess because of my MBSR google account), but it's Carla!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene,

    I am so proud of you!! You go girl!! Literally!

    You'll feel better and get to go home so soon. Thanks for taking the time to post for us.

    Love,
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your on the paved road to recovery Darlene.So glad to hear your doing well.Did they tell ya when you will be able to come home.Looking forward to seeing ya guys again.Get lots rest.I will be praying for ya..God Bless

    ReplyDelete