Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday 01/30/11

I was able to get out of bed twice, once at 3am and once at 6am all by myself. Yesterday morning I had to text Lindsay to help me to sit up. So more progress. I had not taken any of my meds yesterday morning and around 10am I had a major panic attack. I was freezing, had no appetite, and was in pain. I felt this overwhelming sense of fear, panic, and non-generalized anxiety. I was crying and could not pin point any specific cause. Lindsay was so amazing. She got me up and put the walker in front of me. I stood at the door crying, not knowing why. As soon as I got outside the breeze and sun washed away the panic. We walked around her driveway about 3-4 times. By the time we were done I was calm and collected. It really brought home the necessity of keeping up with the meds. I took them at the correct times all day and felt great. It is still painful to get up and down but at least I can do it independently.
Shannon came over yesterday and brought me an electric blanket for the living room so I can stay warm. He also brought a bunch of other stuff for my comfort. He is such an amazing husband. He has his own health issues and is in pain a lot himself, but he never hesitates to do what he can to make me more comfortable. Such love and devotion. I am constantly reminded how fortunate I am to have such caring, loving, and compassionate friends and family.
I go tomorrow to have the staples removed. I look like I have a zipper on my abdomen. Then on Thursday I have an appointment with the oncologist to get treatment scheduled. Probably won’t start chemo for a few weeks to give the surgery time to heal.
Today I spent watching tv and napping. Lindsay had grocery shopping to do so I watched old “I Dream of Jeannie” and “Bewitched”. I have not just sat and watched tv like that in years. It is good for me to not have pressing things to do.  Lindsay and I watched ‘UP’ and “Despicable Me” this evening.
Lindsay made tacos for dinner and I was able to eat two of them. That was the biggest dinner I’ve had since the surgery. They were so good!
I am not ready for visitors as yet. I so appreciate the emails and blog comments but I need a couple more weeks to heal from the surgery before I feel like I’ll have the energy for actual visits. Every day is better than the day before and I think in a couple of weeks I’ll be ready. I’ll keep you updated.
Hugs to you all and again, thank you for all the support and encouragement.
Dar
   

2 comments:

  1. wow thats is so good to hear you doing good.Yes you do a have a wonderful husband and a great family.It is so good to have those kids of people in your life when you need them the most it is times like these when you really see who your friends really are.What would we do in life without those kind of people in our lives to be there for us in time of need because without love and faith we really would be in bad shape.thanks again Darlene for keeping us all posted on your health.God Bless

    ReplyDelete