Wednesday, February 16, 2011

02/16/11

I woke up Monday night having quite a bit of abdominal pain so I was back on the Vicodan for a couple of doses. I seem to handle the pain better during the day. My legs are still fluid free so I am really grateful for that.
Yesterday Lindsay came over around 1:30. I am not comfortable taking a shower alone in the house, so I was able to get that done while she was there. I don’t need help anymore, I just like to have someone in the house.
We ran some errands and then she took me to the surgeon to get a final post op look at my porta-cath. We had the heater on in the car and I was wearing a pretty heavy jacket so when the MA took my temp it was over 102. There was no reason for having a temp. So I took off the jacket and a little while later she checked it again and it was 103.4. The surgeon said the porta-cath looked good. He took out a few of the dissolving stitches that hadn’t dissolved yet and then I was discharged from his care.
I have lost 15 pounds since the last visit and I’m sure almost all of those 15 pounds was the fluid in my legs. My appetite is better and I have been eating healthy thanks to Shannon’s cooking.  
We went to Walgreens in Apple Valley to buy a thermometer but when I tried it in the car it wouldn’t work. So we went to the Walgreens on Bear Valley and exchanged it. The second one worked fine. And my temp was between 97 and 98. I checked it again this morning and same result. So no fever for me!
I have been able to get up and down from bed so I haven’t had to wake Shannon to help me. Everything I can do independently is a cause for celebration.
Hugs to all of you and a big thank you for your support, prayers, and love.
Dar



1 comment:

  1. Really glad that temperature was a false reading. The last thing you need is an infection! May you continue to heal and get stronger, and may the pain go away for good. <3

    Love,
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete