Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday 02/09/11

So far this has been the best day. I can do almost everything I need to do independently except for getting out of bed. Shannon has to get up once or twice each night to help me up. I am hoping that I’ll be able to do that on my own soon. I’m looking forward to being able to sleep on my side again. Since Dec I have only been able to sleep on my back with my head raised by several pillows.
I have been working on eating more. I made egg salad and had a whole sandwich yesterday for lunch and another half for dinner. The egg whites are supposed to be one of the best sources of albumen. I’m also eating tangerines, baby oranges, pink grapefruit slices, and drinking grape, apple, pink grapefruit, and orange juices. Also adding more cheese. Between mindfully eating and the plethora of meds, my body seems to be responding in a positive way.
I’ve spend the past couple of days in my chair with pillows propped up on the foot recliner so my legs are higher than my heart, watching reruns of sitcoms, listening to meditation media, reading, and walking back and forth to the bathroom. I’m going to try to start back working in my sewing studio next week. It will be good to have another activity to add to the day.
Thank you all for your support, encouragement, and love.
Hugs,
Dar  

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of you everyday, Dar. Thanks so much for posting.

    Hugs & Love,
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Im so happy to read about your great progress!

    Love you,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete