Thursday, February 17, 2011

02/17/11

Yesterday was better than the day before and today was better than yesterday. I’m able to eat and my digestive system seems to be working fine. My legs and feet are still fluid free. I have been taking my temp about every 2 hours and no fever. So far, only one Motrin today.
Tomorrow is the big day. I already have the prescriptions for the potential side effects. I took two pills this morning and I take two tonight. Tomorrow and Saturday I repeat the dosage. I have two other prescriptions, one that I can take every 8 hours and one that I can take every 4-6 hours. I am going in with the intention that I won’t need them and that I will tolerate the chemo with little if any side effects. I’ll let you know.
Both Lindsay and Wes have the cold/flu that has been going around so they have not been over. Sure do not need to get that. Lindsay will be over tomorrow to take me to the chemo appointment and then she will pick me up and take me home. I’ll be taking a quilt that Betty made for me, a jacket, a book, my phone, charger, and ear buds, snacks and iced tea, pens, a notebook, meds I take during the day, lotion and Chapstick. I’ll be there for 5-6 hours so I want to have things available. The gal who I spoke with on Sunday will also be there so I’m sure we will talk. I just don’t want to intrude on her routine and I may want some alone time so I want to have stuff with me.
Any and all prayers and positive thoughts (and chanting, Cheryl J) will be most appreciated.
Hugs,
Dar

2 comments:

  1. bless your heart. you are so awsome in so many ways. I pray that this will be easy for you. we know the mind is so powerful, sounds like you have what it is going to take to be as easy as poss. just to share a lil story. when johny was four his babysitter(who had him since 10 weeks) came down with breast cancer. had surgery and went thru kemo. she never asked us to find another sitter. her sister came and stayed awhile to help out. wow, i thought how strong is she. i am glad you met someone to inspire you. too! we will be praying for you! lots of love being sent your way!xxxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great and strong. I sure miss our time together, full of good laughs and talks. Can't wait to see you again to catch up. Love you lots. Robin

    ReplyDelete