Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday 02/20/11

Lindsay came over yesterday and did some house cleaning. I can do things like fill and empty the dishwasher but the heavier cleaning is still just too much.
I haven’t had any ill effects from the chemo but then I only had the one drug on Friday. Sometimes my stomach feels like it burns, like indigestion, but I take a couple of Tums and that takes care of the problem.
I’ve been eating ok. Lindsay made Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes for dinner last night. I ate half and then about an hour later I ate the rest. Really yummy. Now if I could just get rid of this dry cough! Fortunately it doesn’t keep me up at night, but as soon as I sit up it starts. The PA at the oncologist’s office gave me an RX for it so hopefully over the next couple of days it will stop. It makes it hard to talk in person or over the phone. I’ll try drinking some hot tea later and see if that helps.
Shannon is out running errands. Grocery shopping, dog food, pharmacy, and Best Buy (need a new printer).
I got out some random embroidery to keep myself occupied last night and realized that I have forgotten how to do it. It’s been quite a while since I last played with embroidery so I’ll have to relearn the basic stitch. I’m sure there are tons of UTUBE lessons out there on basic embroidery.
I got into my sewing studio today and actually finished a block. It took me a long time cuz it feels like my head is foggy (meds) but I took my time and it came out really well. I really need to get back into doing some of the things I used to do so I can stop obsessing about my body and what it is doing. So today was a major step in the right direction.
Guess that is all for now.
Hugs to all!
Dar


No comments:

Post a Comment