Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday 02/10/11

Yeah! I was able to get out of bed by myself this morning! I still had to wake Shannon up in the middle of the night to help me but progress is progress. I still have swollen legs. I’m making an effort to eat. I think all the meds I’m taking are affecting my appetite. But I know that nutrition is directly related to healing. Had a slice of peanut butter toast this morning and an egg salad sandwich for lunch. I usually start eating the sandwich around 11am and finish it by 2pm. Then I’m already thinking about what I’m going to be able to eat for dinner. Still being full from lunch doesn’t help. I have to eat early because if I wait until Shannon gets home I’m too full to go to bed at 8 or 8:30. He tells me to just stay up and wake him when I need to get the pillows arranged for my back and for my feet elevation. But I hate to have to wake him so many times.
Wes came over today and did some chores and ran errands for me. He cleaned out the cat box, took out the trash, cleaned out the dog’s water bowls outside, watered the plants, and a few other things. Then he went to the PO Box to get the mail and picked up a prescription for me. Nice to have him close by in Wrightwood to drop by every couple of days to take care of some things. Thank you so much, Beano!
In addition, he ripped the sleeve of his shirt so I had to go in and sew the seam on my machine. I had not even been inclined to do anything in there since the surgery. But just sewing that seam reminded me of how much I like sewing. I’m planning to get in there for at least an hour tomorrow and work on a block I started in Dec. I’ve had enough sitcom reruns for now.  
We still need to find homes for the 3 Chihuahuas. Please keep checking around.
We want to get an air purifier to filter the dust and pet hair. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thank you all for your comments, support, encouragement, and love. I am so grateful for the sense of community.
Hugs,
Dar

1 comment:

  1. hi darlene, just read this and wanted to suggest a air fileter. we bought one at sears a few yrs ago. we got a honeywell.loved it, could hardly belive how much pet hair and dirt were in our house. they should be bought according to room size. like we got johns mom a little one for her bedroom the size of a clock radio.ours for our family room was about 2 feet high and and a foot wide. anyways what u need to watch for is on the box, it will say something like true hepa. we almost bought his mom one and while in line i read the box. it said 99% effective for the first 10 mins. what the heck, after that it was junk..so make sure it is a true hepa.. ours had a pre-filter that was fairly inexpensive to replace and a main filter that was like 100 bucks. it had lights to tell u what needed to b replaced on it. anyways we are praying for you. we send our love and of course if u need anything we are here. also i have been asking about your dogs. God bless and hope to see you soon! love, heather and johnxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete