Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday 02/10/11

Another day better than the day before. I realized that I had been so focused on eating, that I had forgot to pay attention to taking in fluid. So yesterday I make a point of drinking more. I made iced tea in the iced tea maker using Celestial Seasonings teas. It had a good effect in that my leg swelling had gone way down this morning, but it meant Shannon had to help me up three times in the night. At least he didn’t have to work today. But I was able to get out of the bed by myself this morning.
My legs swell up again during the day, which is uncomfortable but not that bad. Shannon made pork chops and rice for an early dinner. It was so good. Gotta get that Albumen level up. I cut way back on the Vicodan and I have switched to Motrin. More progress.
I finished a book today called the “Horse Whisperer” that I had started prior to the surgery. Nice to read a fun book for a change rather than always “mental” books.
I have a quilt top I started about 6 years ago. Just needs some applique so I’m gonna work on that now. Didn’t make it into my sewing room today, but perhaps tomorrow.
I’m so grateful for your listening.
Hugs,
Dar

1 comment:

  1. darlene, we have been following your postings and have kept you in our prayers. God bless and keep the faith!! all our love, john and heather

    ReplyDelete