Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday 02/12/11

I have to say that this has been the best day so far since the surgery. I think the egg salad sandwiches and meat yesterday turned a corner. The fluid in my legs has diminished greatly from last night. My feet and ankles seem to be filling up again as they do each evening, but the fluid doesn’t appear to be as bad as it has been. Shannon is making stir fry beef for dinner and I had half an egg salad sandwich and some mac & cheese for lunch. I am hoping that this swelling issue will be behind me over the next couple of days.
I even felt good enough to get out that applique project I mentioned in a previous post. I worked on it for a while and I will get back to it again after dinner.
I spoke with a woman (friend of a friend) who has been dealing with this cancer since 2009. It seems she has had a really tough time with chemo and some significant side effects. That really scared me. After finally feeling better from the surgery, to think of the potential chemo side effects is not pleasant to contemplate. But I have to remember that everyone handles chemo differently and I may have a much different experience than she had.
 Shannon downloaded a couple of Belleruth Naparstek MP3s…Fighting Cancer, and Chemotherapy. They both have guided meditation as well as affirmations. I’ll be listening to them every day. In addition, I write my own affirmations and fill at least 2 pages per day. The only thing I can do is be in this moment rather than worry about next Friday. But I have to admit it is taking focused attention to keep it going.
Thank you, Heather, for the air purifier recommendation.
And thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Dar   

1 comment:

  1. I have an affirmation for you.....YOU ARE ONE OF THE STRONGEST WOMEN I KNOW, YOU DEAL DAILY WITH ALL THE KIDS THAT NO ONE ELSE WILL, A WOMEN'S BODY IS CAPABLE OF MANY WONDERFUL ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

    ReplyDelete